:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Monday, June 24, 2002 ::
Tonight was GREAT!
I *finally* have pack here in Baltimore. For those of you who may not know or understand, I'm part of a society called shifters, or theriocanths ('canths for short). People who not only believe that they connect with animals, but, in essence, they *are* part of the animal they connect with. It's not like it was a huge secret, given my name.
Pack is how I refer to a group of shifters...we tend to band together when we find one another because it just makes life easier. I found a pack here and I'm so happy!
I haven't met the rest of the pack yet, but I hung out with 'Yote tonight, and he's so nice! We went to go see Lilo and Stitch (coincidentally, a good movie) Yote's a crazy guy I met through a 'canth group online..he's a friend of a friend, and we figured we'd hang out tonight. I had an amazing time, and it is SO nice to FINALLY have a male friend I really don't have to worry about anything weird happening with. We spent a good portion of the night talking about our respective mates, actually.
So..I made friends on my own..yay :) I'm really happy about that. It proves that I didn't lose my individuality, despite the crap I've gone through in the past.
I slept over Shannon's last night, and actually had a really great time just talking with her. She's a wonderful friend...I just wish there were more I could do to help her get over Brian...ah well, at least she got the dartboard with his picture on it. I suppose that's progress...
::sighs and smiles tiredly:: I'm kinda sleepy...my adrenaline got absolutely pumped on the ride home...yote rolled down all the windows and the sunroof and it was full moon and we blasted Metallica's "shifter" song and howled with it and laughed....man..I haven't felt like that since Vince and I last hung out. Goddess bless the pack.
That's all for now...Jon's due home in two days! Yay!
~Fox "Pack Forever!" Mackenzie
:: Fox 6/24/2002 12:01:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
|