:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 ::

Stuff happened. I don't really feel like re-explaining it, so here.
WolfReznor: ::Waves:: Hey.
Foxfyre33: ::sniffles::
WolfReznor: ::Headtilt:: What's up?
Foxfyre33: One Sec....
WolfReznor: Right.
Foxfyre33: ::sniffs and sighs deeply:: Well, fuck.
Foxfyre33: You remember the job I was all excited about?
WolfReznor: Fuck what? Yeah. ::Nods::
Foxfyre33: Well, I woke up at 7 am only like, two days after Jon left, so I still felt like shit..and I walked a quarter mile to the place to attend some friggin store meeting..
WolfReznor: ::Nods his head, listening intently:: Yeah..
Foxfyre33: So I sat through that shit, and some melodrama afterwards, and then I got my scedule and arranged my hours for the next two weeks, met all my co-workers, had lunch with one..
WolfReznor: Yeah.
Foxfyre33: And this morning I walked there again to get some clothes (You have to wear the stuff they sell at the store there, and you only get a 30% discount)
WolfReznor: Eww.
Foxfyre33: And bought $50 bucks worth of stuff and shit and talked with all my co-workers again...
WolfReznor: I take it something not cool happened.
Foxfyre33: And so, four hours later, out on a picnic with friends, I get a call from the manager and she says that an old employee came into town and she owed her a favor and was afraid she had to retract my job offer.
Foxfyre33: But she'd "call me if anything became available in the future".
WolfReznor: ...Ouch. That's fucked up. You should file charges.
Foxfyre33: This was AFTER four interviews, the store meeting, $50 worth of clothes, meeting my co-workers and various other shit...
Foxfyre33: I never got anything in writing.
WolfReznor: ::Frowns and growls softly:: Want me to come gut the place?
Foxfyre33: ::sniffles and whimpers:: I just called my dad to fill him in and he came down on me hard.
WolfReznor: How the heck could he come down on you for that?
Foxfyre33: He's the only man I know who can say "I'm sorry that happened to you" and make it sound like "You're a worthless fucking pile of freeloading garbage"
Foxfyre33: I told him about my "back-up" job interview at Chesapeake Knife and tool and he starts off with all this "Knowing stuff about swords isn't going to get you anywhere in life.."
Foxfyre33: And how I should be in school and the summer's over and I still haven't applied anywhere and on and on and on..
WolfReznor: Oh fucking shit. ::Sighs and nuzzles her:: If it's any consolation, my grandpa is probably better at it than him. You're not alone in getting that.
Foxfyre33: ::hugs her knees as her eyes crinkle again::
Foxfyre33: I'm so depressed, Mike...everything hurts.
Foxfyre33: I know the last thing you need is another girl throwing her emotional baggage at you...I'm sorry.
WolfReznor: ::Wraps his arms around her and hugs her back to his chest:: You'll be okay, Fox. Finding work can be hard, but you'll find something. If Chesapeake doesn't come through something else will.
WolfReznor: ::Bops her lightly on the nose:: Shush.
Foxfyre33: ::whimpers:: I wish Jonny was here.
WolfReznor: I wish he was there, too.
Foxfyre33: I need a sheltering presence right now, and all I am is crying in an empty, trashed apartment with nonworking A/c..
WolfReznor: If there's anything I can do, I'm here. If I could, I'd be running to that hot, messy apartment to comfort you. I'll do the best I can from a distance, though.
Foxfyre33: It just hurts how weak I am.
Foxfyre33: I'm always going to need a man to pull me through. I can preach on and on about me being a lone wolf...but the truth is, I die alone.
WolfReznor: You aren't weak. You're a pack animal. There's a big difference.
WolfReznor: What's so wrong with turning toward Jon? You love him he's supposed to be the one who's there to support you in times like this. It doesn't make you weak that you rely on the one you love for support. That's what he's there for. And since he isn't there, there's no weakness in turning to a friend like me. We're pack, remember? I'm here for you.
Foxfyre33: My head hurts.
WolfReznor: So does mine.
Foxfyre33: ::sniffles::
Foxfyre33: I just don't understand how *anyone* could be so cruel.
WolfReznor: It's human nature.
Foxfyre33: They knew about me and Jonny and how I needed this job..
Foxfyre33: And everyone knew me...I just don't understand how they could make that kind of snap judgement and obliterate a promise.
Foxfyre33: I sat with those women and talked about life...I opened up to them..
WolfReznor: It's just how people are. Their own needs and desires come first, even if it's a fleeting thing like trying to do a favor for a friend. Everyone else comes after that.
Foxfyre33: Chesapeake can only give me ten or so hours a week.
Foxfyre33: Even at 7.50...that's practically nothing..
Foxfyre33: A month of that isn't enough to pay my half of the rent, let alone anything else..
WolfReznor: You'll find something. You've got experience working under your belt, references and such. And above that, I've got faith in you.
Foxfyre33: Faith doesn't land me hours.
Foxfyre33: I'm going to have to close the store at 10...Jonny's going to have to come and get me every single night..
WolfReznor: Grah. I wish I could fix it.
Foxfyre33: I wish you could to.
Foxfyre33: As it is, I feel like I'm going to throw up.
WolfReznor: ::Sighs:: Fuck. I wish I did live there, so I could go throw the bitch who did this to you through a couple of walls.
Foxfyre33: She's a sarcastic piece of shit. Too businesslike.
Foxfyre33: I don't want to work for a place that does that to people, anyway.
WolfReznor: ::Nods:: Of course. That's absolutely understandable.
Foxfyre33: ::Sighs:: Can't catch a break.
Foxfyre33: At least I had the foresight to put up my tarot reading ads in a few places.
WolfReznor: Just keep shopping around for another place you can work, maybe? Go through and start working at Chesapeake, then if you find a better place, go for that.
Foxfyre33: YEah, I know. I also have AngelFall studios that might hire me.
Foxfyre33: They need someone to manage their brand new coffee shop.
WolfReznor: ::Chuckles softly:: I'd come sling joe with ya.


That's my Alpha, Mike. The longest-standing member of my pack. (Though Vince was my first alpha, and I will never, ever forget what he did for me, Mike is a member of my own pack, and Vince has his own now.) He's always there for me, as you can see. I just hope he's right about everything.

~Fox "Unemployed due to unforseen lack of tact on the part of a future would-be employer" Mackenzie


:: Fox 6/18/2002 12:29:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?