:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Monday, June 24, 2002 ::

Is there some reason people choose to completely not see the eight million references to Jon in my profile, my webpages, and various other places online?

Here's the latest and greatest. I would have found it flattering, but I was re-reading the letter and realized he's 32. A 32 year old trekkie. I am vastly confused. Why do people like this hit on me?

I got this saturday:

Hi my name is Chris XXXXXXX, I live in Glen Burnie. Could you please call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx? I would like to talk to you. I really do my best communicating over the phone.

Major Chris XXXXXXXXX U.S.S. TRITON NCC-71819 ENTENTE CLASS DREADNOUGHT Chief Of Security
SFMC 731st MSG OIC "XXXXXXXX's Roughnecks" Death From Above
Corporal (Da') Chris XXXXXXX (Darj qurlan Harqol) IKV 'Iw ro' wo' (Bloody Fist) Vor'cha ATTACK CRUISER
Chief Of Security
Ivy Valentine of Soul Calibur & Major Motoko Kusanagi of Ghost In The Shell #1 Fan!!!!
Pat Lee and Masamune Shirow are Manga Gods to the EXTREME!!!!!!!!!
"I thought you were made of sterner stuff" Optimus Prime



So I sent this back:

Subject: Hey Chris...

Um, just wanted to ask...who exactly are you? I'm not
really in the practice of calling complete strangers.

~Fox


So then I got his entire bio, survey-style...




Hi Fox, Here are some stats about me:

Born: October 12,1970
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 224 Lbs
Favorite Music Forms: Heavy Metal, New Age, Classical, Country, Jazz,
and
Pop
Dislikeable Music Forms: Rap
Favorite Foods: American, Mexician, Chinese, Italian, and Mongolian
Favorite Singers: Samantha Fox, Lita Ford, Ozzy Osbourne, and KISS
Favorite Fantasy Artists: Julie Bell, Boris Vallejo, and Luis Royo
Favorite Manga Artist: Pat Lee and Masamune Shirow
Favorite Comic Book Artist: Marc Silverstri, Jim Lee, Adam Hughes, Joe
Jusko, and Joe Chiodo.
Hobbies: Star Trek & Sci-Fi, Comic Books, Adult Fantasy Art & Regular
Fantasy Art, Adult Comic Art & Regular Comic Art, Japanese Animation &
Hentai, Poster Collecting, and Action Figure collecting
Astrological Sign: Libra

I am into 2 Star Trek groups, U.S.S. TRITON NCC-71819 and IKV 'Iw ro'
wo'
(Bloody Fist).
I have been into Science Fiction since I was 8 years old. I have been
looking for a girlfriend for the past 2 1/2 years, with little or no
success. I am a technical artist.
I am a really nice guy that has been down on his luck in the girl
searching
department.




I sent him an email and told him in no uncertain terms that I can't believe that he managed to get my email without seeing the eight hundred references to my boyfriend in just about everything I put on the www.

::sighs and shakes her head::

~Fox "Sketch Magnet 2" Mackenzie
:: Fox 6/24/2002 11:53:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?