:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Friday, June 07, 2002 ::

I really have to start keeping up with this thing.

So Jon and I headed home on the first...he needed to tell his parents about some info he found out was only back at the apartment. We managed to get a good carload of stuff that went with us...my clothes and some of my books and stuff.

We got back to find that Shannon had moved out of Cresmont and given Brian an ultimatum about the whole marriage biz...Jon and I were both worried about that, and rightly so. They broke up last night.

Two years...in fact, over two years...and now they aren't. I mean, I haven't known the pair of them more than about 3 and a half months now, and only like, two in any depth, but it still shook me pretty hard. I worry about Shannon...this was her first relationship, and I can remember how hard Russ' loss hit me. Knocked the wind clear out of me for quite a time afterwards. I wish there was something I could do for her, but the only advice I have is the same my mother gave me - this too shall pass.

It spooked me a little...those two were the kind of alpha and omega of HOPsfa relationships...they were the most stable and the ones that had the best shot at continuing. It got me thinking long and hard that I have to do my best to make sure that Jon's happy, and that I am too. Shannon, bless her, even in her emotional troubles, stood strong on what she believed in, and what her wishes were. To the rest of the crew, it might have seemed misplaced or ill-thought-out, heck, even me for a bit, but I know sometimes that you just have to be true to your heart. When bad things happen, you meet them head on, or get knifed in the back running away. Two times, I let men catch me by surprise, cut through my delusions, and knife me in the back. It's a bad choice.

Anyhow, not much else to say, other than my test's coming up, and the lady at The Bead (a clothing store I applied at) told me to come back after my test and maybe we could set up scheduling. That'd be nice! :)

I like being able to eat at the computer. Not living at home rocks.

Oooh..Jon and I got the Battle Chest...now I have Diablo 2 Expansion *here*!

~Fox "My Druid Kicks Ass" Mackenzie


:: Fox 6/07/2002 09:32:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?