|
|
:: Saturday, May 18, 2002 ::
Strawberries + Mead = Good.
For those of you who don't know, mead is a liquor made from fermented honey that is quite popular at Renaissance Faires, which I, happily, frequent. I had a bottle of mead (well, 3/4ths of a bottle) that I brought south with me to share with Jon, and we happened to buy some strawberries on our latest shopping trip in an effort to introduce them to stormy, so I sliced them up, sugared them, and poured some mead on them to boot, stuck em in the fridge overnight and they're just damned fantastic. Highly recommended.
I also made split pea soup, which turned out fairly passable, to my surprise. Jon seems to like it.
Dad's off to maine to see Linda again. Guess it's getting serious.
Jon's graduating this coming thursday, so that'll be nice. I get to meet his family and all. I should probably dye my hair before I meet them. Then again, which is better, roots showing or *bright* red hair? I dunno. I'll ask Sabrina if she's willing to help. I need a passable dress for the graduation ceremony, too. I don't want to be wearing jeans to something this mile-stone-ific for Jon. I just emailed my mom and asked her to send the giftcard I got for mypoints in the mail. I think it's a J.C. Penny's card. Not sure. But it's 50 bucks, and I can use that towards a nice casual dress to wear for Jon's graduation. Maybe I can get shannon or sabrina to go with me to okay the dress. I trust their collective judgements a lot more than mine. Hell, if it was up to me, I'd be wearing royal purple all the damn time.
I also need shoes. Damn. Payless too.
Jon and I have tried like three times to go to the baltimore aquarium in the last week. The first time we went, it was too swamped with school groups, the second time we found out the ticked prices were $16 EACH, and the third time, we went under the impression that there were $5 tickets after 5 on fridays, only to find the promotion ended in march. Talk about suckiness. It would have cost just under $50 for the three of us to see some damned fish. Friggin greedy bastards.
Fuddrucker's is a good restaurant. They have a christmas theme upstairs.
It is apparently the week for crazy men, usually *old* crazy men, to hit on Cheryl. I have had to up the ratio of my PDAs with Jon just out of sheer self preservation (well, okay, maybe not *all* self preservation...he is a damn fine lookin piece of man and who can blame me for wanting to stake my claim...) to fend off the psychos.
Had my first bit of depression since arriving here, last night. I had almost forgotten what it was like to cry....Jon's made me so happy that that's the only reason I really cry anymore, but that's not really crying. I found out that Sabrina's little 16 year old sister kicked my ass in SAT scoring, and one thought of complete inadequacy led to another, snowballed horribly, and reduced me to tears sitting on a curb somewhere. Jon came and found me, calmed me down, and reached in my heart, found what I needed to be reassured of, and by god he did it. He's so comforting, so perfect attuned to my views of the perfect guy...it's downright spooky sometimes. I've never met a man even close to Jon, and I count myself the luckiest girl in the world for having him.
Right now, I'm just a bit tired really. Helped Josh move some of his stuff out of Cresmont today, although Danny, Ron, Sarah, Josh himself, Megan, and Higgins did the majority of it. I swept and picked up small things. $7.50 in change, to be specific about it. Earlier today, Jon and I took Higgins to a job interview at a place about 30 minutes away or so. They basically told him he wasn't going to get hired because he didn't speak spanish, and it was kind of a requirement for the job...a phone answering/order placing deal with games workshop. So then we took him to the inner harbor to ask about a job at the huge Barnes and Noble there, (from which I had gotten an application for him during our last unsucessful jaunt to see the fish) only to find they "weren't hiring". So *then* we went over to Chesapeake Knife and Tool, and there we found out from Tina, my future co-worker (with any luck) that they only had one position open and that Higgins would be in direct competition for me. He took their fax number anyway, intending to fax them the resume that I had said earlier that I would help him create. Laughable, isn't it? I'm not sure what to do. I really need this job, but so does higgins, but I, to revert to playground sensibility, saw it first. Hell of a catch-22. Ah well, I got more experience anyway.
Tina says they can guarantee me 15 hours a week, which isn't much at all, but it *is* part time work, and I knew that going into it. To me, it's worth it for the knowledge about weaponry I'll glean alone. I asked for 7.50 I believe it was. Euch. That's only gonna be $300 bucks a month. That sucks hardcore. My half of the rent's gonna be that much. The $200 my dad's been giving me each week is drained away very quickly by all the social business I've been attending lately. I'll be making $700 a month with my father's money, which isn't very much at *all*. ::sighs:: I'll have to look into a second job, I suppose. Maybe I'll have to end up reading tarot cards after all.
Not much else to report...peace be with everyone...
~Fox "I should win the lottery" Mackenzie
:: Fox 5/18/2002 09:41:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|