:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Friday, May 17, 2002 ::

Grr. Sorry for the wait. I'm here again.

Okay...rundown of what's happened.

Mother's Day: Shannon and Sabrina found a wounded little sparrow that some cats had cornered. They put it in a box and called me. After a night of touch-and-go, the little guy made it, thanks to shannon and I, some neosporin, and q-tips. Jon and I went to petsmart the next day and got mealworms for the bird, which I fed to him with a pair of tweezers and which he was very appreciative of. Later that day Higgins, Shannon, Jon and I went to Amicci's in little italy and came back to cresmont to find the bird was gone. After moving everything in the living room that wasn't bolted down, Brian found the damned thing under the fridge. Half an hour, a pair of blue LED raver-lights, Shannon and I armed with soft mop-handles, and an episode of Jon crawling *behind* the stove and we had the bugger. It was then decided a cage would have to be imminent, as would the move to Jon's apartment with the fluffball. Another jaunt to petsmart for a cage, and then we took the bird back to his place. We had parked the car when it started raining-hard. Jon fished an umbrella out of the backseat. Then it started hailing. A lot. I actually got frightened by the noise. I had not previously had any experience with hail, and now twice on this trip alone. So *finally* the hail stopped, but the ground was *littered* with the stuff. It had been a really bad storm. We decided to name the bird "Stormy" (Usurping Sabrina and Shannon's earlier submission of "kittychow") because it was raining the day we found him and hailing the day we brought him home. So now he's here in Jon's zen-like apartment, which, thankfully, boasts no where to hide.


Wednesday, Jon and I went to the inner harbor, had a delightful lunch at the California Pizza Kitchen, and window-shopped around the harbor the rest of the day. Apparently, Chesapeake Knife and Tool is hiring, so I took an application. The next day, we went to the harbor again to try and see the Aquarium, this time with Shannon in tow, and found the tickets were $16. We skipped the aquarium and had lunch at FuddRuckers. Which is actually *really* neat, because their whole upstairs is done to look christmas-y. I took my resume and the application over to Chesapeake Knife and Tool, and the guy sounded really positive about calling me - I have a feeling, as Jon pointed out, I was one of very few, maybe the only, to turn in an app, being as they had no "help wanted" signs posted and I had found things out via talking casually to someone who worked there. And get this....after you stay 30 days...you get a *40%* discount! Crazy, right?

Eh, not much else going on. What's most likely going to occur is that Jon's coming home with me the 28th or 29th, and I'm going to take my lessons and he'll stay with me and we'll start packing up some of my things to move here. The job he interviewed for looks like a sure bet...the guy asked him for a salary request, which Jon sent. Sooo..we'll be staying here, in Jon's apartment. At least another six months...Jon's parents want him to stay in this apartment through the 90 day "trial period" his soon-to-be boss mentioned, and he's got a 3 month notification clause written into his lease, so we're here at least another half a year. Jon starts work in July, after he gets home from the Alaska Cruise.

I talked to Mom about maybe taking a monday off and coming and chilling here in B-more with me, being that Jon isn't going to be here in the apartment and I'm most likely going to be watching it for him. Mom's been saying she needs a vacation, and I figure, hey, why not. She and I won't get to see each other much pretty soon, and I'd like for her to know the things I'm talking about when I talk to her on the phone. She'll get to see what Jon's apartment looks like, what the food's like at Amicci's, what the area looks like. I'm hoping she won't wuss out and she'll actually do this. I was even considering bringing her to Nation. ::laughs:: That would be wild.

Not too much else, aside from my usual complaints that everyone here socializes too much and I need to get a job to support that habit. Damned eating out and crap. Grr.

Oh! I saw spiderman and episode 2 since I last updated. Spiderman was actually good enough to warrant the hype. I saw that opening night at the midnight showing in White Marsh...we brought like 20 people from HOPsfa with us...we had a row all to ourselves. It was cool.

Last night was Episode 2, and you shoulda *seen* the line to get in. *Absolute* madness...curved around the block. Very far down the block. We went to see it at the Senatore theatre, this historic theatre in B-more. Apparently they shot part of the movie "Cecil B. Demented" there. It's a beautiful theatre. And they were playing Ray Lynch's "deep breakfast" in the lobby, which is just fine by me. Jon and I went costumed. :) Jon wore a muslin swordsman's shirt and a pair of Gi pants, along with a brown robe that was a dead ringer for a Jedi one. I wore my black latex catsuit, heeled boots, and a black satin cape of Jon's. We hit Toys 'R us at my insistence for lightsabers before the show - blue for Jon, red for me. Not to be concieted, but I looked damned good. Better than I have in awhile. According to the local population of the theatre I looked, quote, "Bangin!". So, yeah. I'll take that. :)

The movie kicked serious ass and you should all go see it. Yoda fights with a lightsaber.

That is all.

~Fox "Any movie that warrants it's goers to wear costumes is cool." Mackenzie



:: Fox 5/17/2002 08:42:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?