:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Monday, April 29, 2002 ::

Yeah, so I haven't updated in a very long time.

To use new vocabulary, the Open House at Towson was Catamitic. Catamite, meaning male whole. Meaning it sucked.

Over 12,000 applications for just under 2,000 positions. And they're spewing out that they want a 3.5 and 1200 on the sats and shit. I got hardcore depressed and slunk out after the opening speech close to tears. Then I called my mom and I did cry. A lot. I've never felt such a letdown in my entire life. It felt like all the good feelings that I've been wrapped in these past few weeks were ripped violently from me and I got left in a dark concrete room without clothes. And that's an understatement.

::sighs:: So, I have no idea what the fuck I'm going to do. What it's looking like is that I'm going to have to just get a job and be content just paying rent for awhile, I guess. Jon's been an absolute angel about helping me through everything..there are times I wonder if he isn't actually an angel. Keep checking for wings. Thank goddess he's in my life. I love him.

Not much noteworthy has transpired since then...the day of the open house, friday, Jon took me to the Spring Fair at the JHU campus and we wandered with Shannon and shopped. He bought me this big multicolored butterfly kite with these pretty fluttery tails on it. I just about broke into tears at that. I mean, my day had been such utter crap, and there's the man I love holding out this beautiful kite with a big grin on his face...I mean, how could *anyone* stay upset? This is why I'm fairly convinced he has wings.

As a sidenote, adding hot pepper oil to ramen makes it good. Jon also made sauce last night...this time we have *three* leftover tupperware containers. It was good. He added extra pepperoni just for me. :) It was numminess.

Dunno what's going on, at this point. ::yawns:: I'm a bit tired. I feel sorta useless..nothing to do that furthers my cause, at this point. May 1st was the application deadline for about 99% of all colleges in existence. Hell.

Narr.

~Fox "Least I got love" Mackenzie
:: Fox 4/29/2002 08:18:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?