:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Tuesday, April 09, 2002 ::
Went to go see carrie yesterday...it was fun!
She and I have gotten to be pretty good friends. I met her when she answered my personals ad...after meeting Jon, I told her that I couldn't see her "like that" anymore, but she was okay with it, and we were already good friends anyway, so it worked. This was my first time meeting her, but we'd been talking online for about two months beforehand.
I took a 4 o clock train out of here and got there (New Brunswick) by 5. It wasn't a bad ride at all, even though this one guy who was sitting next to me wouldn't shut up. He was a pothead, too...talked too slow and rambled on about stupid shit...yanno. So Carrie met me at the platform and we hugged and it was cool. She looked just like her picture. We went to starbucks and got some coffee (Well, cider for me..I hate coffee) and then we went back to her dorm. They have free buses all over Campus..it rocks!
I'd never seen the rutger's girl's dorms before..it's pretty neat. I couldn't imagine sharing an actual *room* with someone, but she says it isn't too bad. They're in a key-carded building so the weirdos can't get in. And there's a lot of space in the living room..they have a little "alleyway" narrow kitchen, like my cousin tyler has at the dorms at Princeton. We decided to order out cause she wanted a falafel sandwich and we ordered from this place that had them. (carrie's a vegan)
So I get this thing..called a "fat Sal" (weird name, if you ask me), because it was (what I thought) a combo platter of mozz sticks, chicken fingers, and french fries. What I *got* was all of the above on a huge hogie roll with marinara sauce on it. Really, really interesting concept. And tasty.
Carrie had two of those "Twisted Tea" novelty alcohol beverages which, coincidentally, do NOT complement falafel sandwiches and fat Sals. So, yanno. We were forced to wash the bitter aftertaste down with some smirnoff ice. ;)
We got pretty darn buzzed and downloaded tons of songs onto her laptop and talked about every concievable thing, even comparing notes extensively on our beaus. It was nice to have a female friend for a change. None of my guy friends actually listen when I talk about Jon. It's a pain, cause I wanna brag and can't.
We didn't get to sleep until around 2 in the morning cause her roommate came home and we all ended up having a lengthy discussion about marital aids and their various shapes, which resulted in the quote "Just give me something that looks like a dick!" being put up on the apartment's "message/quote board". I wrote on it earlier in the evening because Carrie was going through her pockets pulling out change and goes "Damn. I'm one quarter short of a load." And I pipe up "Yeah, no kidding."
I also drove today..yay! It was pretty neat, all in all. Two hours straight of behind-the-wheel training. I didn't run over any curbs and I only had two near-death experiences. I'm aiming for just one next time. My poor instructor..Ron..he's the guy who owns the company..he was cool. We talked most of the time. Problem is, I tend to talk more quickly as I go along, and I found out my driving tends to reflect that as well. Kind of a lead foot when I'm talking about something I feel strongly about. Ah well. I'll get better with time.
So, I gotta go feed the babies before my food gets delivered, so ciao!
~Fox "Cashew Chicken Rocks" Mackenzie
:: Fox 4/09/2002 07:49:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|