|
|
:: Friday, April 05, 2002 ::
Mmm. Lime green tea from Snapple. Thank you to trish for this great idea.
The new cherry iced tea is the best though. I would slaughter people for it. That or ice-cold kiwi-strawberry, a blast from the past for me...I used to get it across the street from keyport high at the bagel shop each morning. An ice cold bottle of kiwi strawberry and a "school special" - aka a bagel with a thin slice of ham, a slice of cheese, and mustard, all heated up. Mmm. Great way to start the day. I miss that. $2.25 for the best breakfast ever.
Okay, memory time done.
Well, it was an okay day, I guess. My transcripts STILL AREN'T HERE, which I'm REALLY pissed about. I got Jon a birthday present, and let's just say it behooves them to cooperate with me (I don't want to mention what it is since Jon may read this) and I expressly stated when I needed it by the time I travel, which looms close. I'm glad I quoted them a day earlier than actual (learned that from my dad - speeds things up) so they sprung for express shipping without any extra charge. They didn't even friggin ship it out until today. I ordered it last week and they told me it should only take two days for shipping. I'm glad I asked for a tracking number...christ. It's supposed to get here tomorrow morning, and it damned well better.
Andre's in a play tonight that I hope I can get to - he's been touting it all week, but it's at Kean university and I don't drive, so unless someone plans on picking me up, I dunno...
Mom's in a pissy mood tonight. She wasn't used to debit cards, although she's good at checking the balance, she couldn't the other day, so she shrugged it off. In total, she probably only went over her balance about thirty bucks, but unfortunately it was seven here, and four here, and ten here - etc. And for each individual purchase, she got hit with a $30 fee. So she ended up negative $130 or so for $30 worth of purchases. She closed the account. Put her in a sour mood for the rest of the day, obviously.
We had a decent time together though...had Breakfast at the Red Oak diner, which is a really good place. Then we hit dots...got this wild shiny zebra-print shirt that looks pretty good on me. Then marshalls, and I got the psycho-purse 2002...this damn thing has more attachments and doo-dads than I thought possible. Hardly room for my actual stuff in there. It comes with a makeup case, an eyeglass case, a cell phone case, a keychained wallet...and get this..the bottom has this secret compartment with an umbrella in it...wild, huh? So I'm happy I can finally rid myself of the purse from hell...the old one I've been using for months and have never been fond of, especially lately. It keeps eating my cell phone.
I'm debating on what to write for my entrance exam. I can B.S. just about anything, but I don't want to start a new path of my life with a foundation like that. I suppose I'll just have to be honest and articulate.
the hopSFA (Hopkins Sci-fi club) had their elections last night and Jon tells me that he felt is right for the job all got selested, so that's a bit of good news. :) He and I talked last night and figured moving late july would most likely be best. So that's a bit of mixed happiness for me. I desperately wanted to get things rolling the other day after mom flipped on me, but now that things are a little calmer, I can deal for awhile. This way, I have time to get my things in order and (hopefully!) get my license.
Tomorrow me and at least one other person are going to see "Big Trouble", gosh darn it. The trish gang has been notoriously busy and argumentative about times and stuff...and Trish wanted to do it sunday, but everyone else had already gotten notice we were doing this saturday, but now trish can't go to anything past two, cause that's when she goes to work. She's free after 10, but by then the prices are $9.50 again. I'd rather go to a show that *starts* at two, because I want Derrick to be able to come with since he's helping me with the shopping-for-a-car bit, and I'm a bit low on cash right now.
My zebra shirt itches. Damned sequiny-thingies.
That's it for now. I gotta call Andre and see what's up for tonight.
~Fox "Ghetto Debutante" Mackenzie
:: Fox 4/05/2002 04:01:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|