:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Sunday, April 21, 2002 ::
Jon and I hit the mall yesterday.
He was a real trooper about hanging around the gap, the biggest anti-gothical store in existence. I had my gap credit card, a lack of clothes and a coupon for ten bucks off, so I ended up dropping about seventy bucks on new jeans and shirts and such. It was a frivolous thing, I suppose some (:cough my dad cough ) might say, but sometimes a girl needs to feel pretty...and if it has to be via brand spankin new low-rise jeans, then damnit, that's how it'll be. Besides, I had a coupon.
We had lunch at fridays, and I would like to officially say that the pecan-crusted chicken salad kicks a lot of ass. Highly recommended. We were supposed to go to orpheus (the local qxt's here - goth cluib) with shannon, but there were having a slave auction for charity, and Jon and I were both really tired and didn't want to go out and shake our respective gothic booties. So we turned in early like old people. The early twenties are a brutal decade.
I think tomorow I'm going to start either looking for local fleet banks here (of which I am beginning to doubt there ARE any...) or looking into other local banks here. I really don't want to switch banks, because fleet makes it easy for dad to monitor mjy finances and help me out if I need it. If I switch banks, that's going to be difficult to do. Really difficult, considering that he's in louisiana, and probably none of the local branches here are near him.
My open house is on the 26th and I HAVE to write my entrance essay for the application, which I keep forgetting to do, and which I am planning to do early tomorrow, before I even look for banks. I really desperately want to go to Towson and move here cause I love it here and I want to spend all the time I can wth the new friends here that I've made. Life back home seems bleaker and bleaker, in retrospect. I really don't have any friends at all back home that I see consistently, and here I have a devoted boyfriend, a college, a beautiful locale, and I make new friends nearly every day. JohnCon was the single greatest life-changing event I've ever been privy to, and I was just telling Sabrina today on the porch how happy I am that I did manage to find the path here.
Shannon did well on her MCATS, and we took her out to Chuck E. Cheese todsay to celebrate. Higgins, me, Sabrina, Shannon and Brian all managed to fit in the tunnels. I think we scared the poor children. They kept darting around us, the little hobbit-creatures. There were scry animatrons that sang a marketing-phrasing riddled version of happy brithday, accompanied by some rather disinterested and apathetic servers that clapped out of beat. Jon and I got one of those picture thingies, we all played lots of skeeball and a ridiculously short air hockey game that looked japanese, I was telling Jon...cause you need to kneel down to play it.
Higgins made steak and he burnt one 'specially for me (He's a good cook, I just asked for it bunt) and I hafta go eat...
~Fox "DINNER!" Mackenzie
:: Fox 4/21/2002 07:52:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|