:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 ::
I went to a Physics lecture yesterday.
It was interesting. Jon's paternal grandfather, who taught at Maryland U for close to 50 years, founded a lecture series that still continues today. It was over my head, of course, being advanced physics and all, but I got to mingle and meet people and be at a neat looking reception and meet Jon's paternal step-grandmother. The lecture hall was nice, and the lecturer was a very kindly old fellow with a thick german accent.
Jon's at photo right now, he should be back in about an hour or so. I'm at Crestmont right now...I ambled back over here with Shannon after lunch at Levering halll....sabrina and I made more drink-that-shall-not-be-nameds (Recipe can be found here) and she, Shannon and I had an estrogen-fest (read talked about our boyfriends) out on the porch before Sabrina and I hit the backyard to tackle the evil ivy. Ivy has all but taken over Crestmont's back yard, and Sabrina has adopted it as her arch-nemesis. We made decent headway, i think. Soon, the backyard will be safe for law-abiding plants.
Not much else...Jon, Shannon and I hit Nifty Fifties for lunch while he was on his break from photo. I had a bit of chili cause I was still full from lunch.
I don't really have any money in my account and I need to pay bills soon, but I can't find my father, who's in Miami for a Coast Guard thing and doesn't answer his cell...le sigh. I could easily get a job down here, from the looks of things, but I don't have any affirmation on when I can get my stuff here and make the actual for-keeps move to B-more. :sighs: I really wish things were more solid then they are, but I suppose I'll just have to be patient and wait for Kuan Yin's will to light the way a little more. She's already done so much for me. I did a bit of ritual for her today, to show my appreciation for everything she's done.
My open house is on Friday, and, while I'm a bit nervous about that, I'm going to do all I can to get through it, and succeed. Mom's gonna pay the regstration fee for my application, so that's good. At least she's helping a little with this stint in college. I think she loves me a lot more when I'm not living with her.
That's about it, for now. More updates later!
~Fox "Cold snaps are an excellent weather-ical idea" Mackenzie
:: Fox 4/24/2002 08:59:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|