:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Sunday, April 07, 2002 ::
I dreamt again last night..I usually never dream this often.
This time it was about Jon...he was with his family and they were all going to see a movie, and I was with them for some reason, and then there was this abrupt scene cut and suddenly I was in Jon's car, and he said something to the effect that he didn't want to go out with me anymore and left me on a curb in a really bad neighborhood in the middle of the night.
I have no idea why I had this kind of dream, because Jon's a really caring person and we're doing great. I don't even think he's capable of doing something to that extent. You know what it probably is..is that maybe I have some subliminal stress about moving. Even though it's something I really want to do, it is a huge commitment..I'm going to be in baltimore a minimum of four years, which is longer than I've pretty much spent anywhere in memory. It'll pass. Especially with Jon's support. I can't wait to see him..I'm so anxious!
I'm a bit ticked cause Amtrak was having a 30% off sale on all fares, but you had to reserve your ticket at least 7 days in advance, which I can't. So I got wise and decided to buy my tickets seperately. I have my Student Advantage Card with gives me 15% off no matter what, so that worked going there (The fare's usually $69) and then I can use the 30% *and* the student advantage coming back. So the round trip would have originally cost me about 140, now it's just under 100. Not too bad, considering. And the trip goes on my amtrak rewards card. I'm like, ten trips away from actually getting enough points to get anything, but hey.
I have to write my entrance essay for Towson soon. Blegh. They want to know "What I've been doing of a non-academic nature" since I last was in school. "I had a breakdown and got fired from an under the table job as a busboy" doesn't sound too impressive. Maybe Glen can help me spruce it. He's really good at that kinda thing.
Andre and I went to go see "Big Trouble" Yesterday. it was good! Not as good as the book, but everyone should go and see it. Brian also came over at midnight to play nintendo and scared the living crap out of me by arriving unannounced and pressing his face against the window with an evil grin. I'm fairly sure my heart stopped. He's definately the king of shocking the hell out of people. He fixed my mario bros cartridge, so that rocks.
Mom and I went to Target, K-mart and Walmart today in search of keepers and hair color. We got quite a bit, and quite a bit was on sale. It was great. I have a new pair of sandals and a new pair of black flats. I really wanted a new pair of boots, but I guess I'll have to go back to flat soled shoes again eventually. These new sandals rule though. Really comfy. We found this *amazing* chinese place and had lunch there...Peking Garden in Sayreville (or south amboy..not sure which one it was in exactly). I highly recommend all my local readers go there. TERRIFIC food. You always find the best places to eat when you're lost. And then you can never find them again unless you try to purposely get lost.
Which brings me to my rant o the day. WHY aren't there lights in freezers? There's a light in the refridgerator, right? They don't think I'm going to be rooting in the freezer late at night? What's the best nighttime snack ever? Ice cream! And THAT turns into a soupy mess if you put it in the refridgerator. So you have to root around in a dark freezer, and let me tell you, *nothing* is more unnerving than feeling your way around three flights of stairs in a pitch dark house and then thrusting your arms into a black, icy void in a vain search for ben and jerry's, only to find your parents killed the pint of chunky monkey after dinner. Damn you, GE Upright Model 2600M with optional ice maker. Damn you.
~Fox "Eat your heart out, Dennis Miller." Mackenzie
:: Fox 4/07/2002 09:39:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|