:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Friday, April 12, 2002 ::
Finally in Baltimore!
Quite a hassle getting here. Patsy's taxi was late, as usual, and I missed my first train, which was going to get me to penn station, NY 15 minutes before my amtrak was supposed to leave. I missed the 9:30 NJ transit train and ended up on a 9:50, which stopped at newark penn station. It was an express train, and there were no stops except newark, so I ended up getting to Newark with time to spare to catch my amtrak train, somehow. So that ruled.
I'm so happy to see Jon. I realize now that I'm here with him that I missed him even more than I imagined. There's just something about him that makes it seem like everything's allright with the world, that I am loved and wanted.
He keeps his apartment very nice, which surprised me. Not so much because it was him...I already know he's meticulous about cleanliness and othersuch...but I've never seen a single guy his age who could keep an apartment cleaner than a nuclear disaster. Estrogen won out though, and I vaccumed. I had to. I tried to fight it. Damned feminine instincts.
He had to referee this capture the flag last night that JHAC (johns-hopkins anime club) challenged Jon's group hopsfa to. None of hopsfa really wanted to play because, as I found out, Jhac takes it way too seriously. Several people ended up with some stinging injuries...nothing serious, but still, kinda painful..and in light of that and the fact that someone got a tooth chipped in play last year, it's been said that maybe the challenge should go unanswered next year. I'm inclined to agree. Jhac won, after one of the players sent one of my team careening into me. I wasn't too happy, but it's all in fun.
Jon just got back from classes a bit ago..looks like the course he took today is going to veer back into dualism arguments, which he isn't too thrilled about because the professor is a very stubborn anti-dualist and Jon and Shannon, who is also in the class, decidedly are not.
Danny came through for me and fixed it so I can sit in on an early class in accounting at Towson this coming tuesday. I'm really happy about it. It was a terribly nice thing for him to do!
Jon and I are going to make a token appearance at Paige's surprise (birthday) party tonight. It's a little bit odd for me because she's his ex. They lived together in this apartment for a semester. She's got a boyfriend now and she and I seem to hold a lot of common interest and have real potential as friends..but it's kind of hard to clear that "You slept with my boyfriend" hurdle. I dunno. Maybe I'm being over-sensative about it all. She sounds like a really nice girl. Can't hold it against her we have the same taste in men. :)
We're about to head out for dinner in a bit, just wanted to update my faithful readers (assuming I have any!).
~Fox "I'm in loveee!" Mackenzie
:: Fox 4/12/2002 01:08:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|