:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Saturday, April 20, 2002 ::

The concert kicked ASS.

I have never seen such a thing in my life. Oddjob (the band on before vnv) wasn't too bad..but vnv came on and everyone went insane. Strangely enough, the entire HOPsfa clan got places close to the stage...like, less than ten feet I'd say. We got our tickets at the door, too. But it was beautiful. They came back FOUR times for encores. We wouldn't let them leave..everyone was chanting, and dancing and holding out their hands and lighters...just such an incredible vibe. Ronin, the singer, was in awe. You could tell he was honestly in awe that we all loved him so much. Like, somewhere around a thousand people packed into this dance club on the floor, and around on the balconies.

They played beloved and Jon actually held me pretty much the entire song. And I know he was ridiculously hot, because it was beyond hot in there and he was wearing a long-sleeved black shirt (I was wearing my black velvet coat-shirt, god help me..) and most of the guys around us had taken off their shirts, and a good deal of the girls stripped down to bras. So it was really, really sweet that he did that, because he gets just as irritable with warm weather as I do. I cried, because I'm a sentimental mushpuddle. I love Jon.

We left the club after vnv played their last, because I was literally about two seconds from heatstroke (I was staggering around even after we got outside) and I don't suspect Jon was far behind. Between oddjaub and vnv, the performance was somewhere around 3 hours. And let me tell you, three hours standing in gothy kick-ass boots and draped in black velvet in 90 degree heat in the same place...well, it's a recipe for disaster sometimes. Jon, Lyric and I piled into the car and, after an hours worth of attempts to locate the towson diner, we all finally found it, chowed down with Brian and Shannon, and finally made it back to the apartment by 4:30 am. Jon had a 9 o' clock class, the poor thing. I managed to get him up in time and nudge him into the shower so he wouldn't be late, but four hours of sleep doesn't do much for the attention span when note-taking in class.

Jon got a call back for a job he applied for...and it's right here in town! It's a physics guy, the co-head of a startup that does satellite thingies or somesuch (Stealth, cloaking devices..very involved, if you ask me..) He has the interview monday and I'm rooting for him. It's a fantastic thing.

Shannon is probably checking in for her MCATS as I type...Jon and I brought her a care package yesterday with cookies and flowers and stuff to help her study and feel okay. We're taking her out to chuck e. cheese tonight so she doesn't get the chance to worry and fret over how she did. Everyone loves shannon. The other half of our group made her cupcakes. :)

Today Jon and I might go see a movie or hit the mall...something like that. Get out of the apartment and see some daylight, which is becoming a rarer and rarer commodity. He's comatose right now, the poor boy..and wth good reason. He's got hours of sleep to catch up on.

That's about it, for now...peace and luv!

~Fox "Black velvet + summer = bad idea" Mackenzie
:: Fox 4/20/2002 07:40:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?