:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Friday, March 29, 2002 ::
The visit at grandpa's yesterday didn't go too badly.
It was such a relief to see my grandparents again...I was afraid I never would. They're getting up there in years, and my grandmother alice has had some very serious health concerns lately no one felt the need to tell me about, so I'm kind of ticked about that. But they seemed in good spirits, thankfully. Both of them approved of Joe, so that's good. I tried to call my grandma terry and pave the way a little so that maybe we could visit while we were in town, but she, while in good spirits, didn't want company. I'm excited because maybe I can get her and mom talking again. It seems a definate possibility.
I brought my camcorder with me and got some footage of their house and such, for posterity. I even recorded my grandfather, though I was a bit disspointed my grandmother wouldn't let me record her. She's the more outgoing of the pair. Though, lately, I wonder sometimes about the pair part. They get along well enough, I suppose, but you can tell things have changed. I dunno. All I know is that a good time was had by all, I love my grandparents and the stories they tell, and I went home with a stomach full of keilbasi and fifty bucks. Pretty darn good. AND we stopped and got taco bell on the way home. Totally awesome.
Today was nice, although I woke up late for my dentist appointment and had to rush. I got a cleaning, but, on top of being yelled at for putting off having my wisdom teeth extracted, I found out I have 4 acclusals (teeny tiny sorta-cavities) since my last visit. ::sigh:: Ah well. The teeth will come out soon, definately before I move, and the cavities will be taken care of, no problem.
Mom and I went out to a very nice breakfast/lunch at perkins, and ran some errands. She also let me drive home from freehold. I'm not supposed to, I know, but I *have* to learn, *somehow*. And we were really careful, besides. I did really good, mom says! I'm happy. I'll be driving yet!
I have to go outside and help her with yardwork for a few. Just wanted to bring this puppy up to date.
12 more days til I see my baby again. :)
~Fox "Spring is herrrrre!" Mackenzie
:: Fox 3/29/2002 03:35:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|