:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Monday, March 25, 2002 ::

Today was a little rough.

Last night, I was so restless without Jon there. I had gotten used to him after six nights, and my room felt vast and empty without someone else's breathing and heartbeat to fill the space. Talking with him, he admits much of the same. He's over at one of the college houses now (the name escapes me) cooking for some friends of his. I might give him a call later.

I looked at towson college website today. I think that's where I want to go. I need to make a decision and I've made it. If I get accepted, that's where I'm going. It's time all this indesicion ceased. I need to get on with my life. I've already got a bevy of aquaintences there, and of course I have Jon. He's asked me to move there, once when he was here, and again when we were talking today...so I know this isn't something he'll regret asking. He honestly wants me there, and I need to go to college and there's a good college there, as well as my uncle jay, so here I go. Now *this* is going to be an adventure and a half. And you know what? I'm happy. Really, truly happy. This isn't bad spur-of-the-moment like moving into SOD was. This is something I know in my heart is going to go gloriously well.

There is a lot I'll miss about this place, about Matawan. But you know, there comes a time when you just have to leave, and stop looking back. I've had two false starts...once living with my ex, and once trying to move to Boston. This is going to be my third try, and god damn it I'm going to get this to work. I have love, I have potential, I have luck.

I sent a letter to Bergen Community College today for my transcripts, so they'll be here in four or five days. I'm going over to the high school tomorrow and getting my test scores, and also to the DMV to see about a spare copy of my permit. My worry is that they'll need my birth certificate, which I don't have anymore, because it was with my permit. ::sighs:: I keep losing the damned thing. I drove with Trish, Andre and Sharon last night (we also went to friday's and invented trishian philosophy and asking guys "have you ever been to jail?" but that's another story entirely) and I managed to grasp the concept of doing donuts, but also picked up valuable stopping, signalling, and accelarating skills. I did very well, actually. I was proud of myself.

So, that's about it, really. More on my so-called life tomorrow.

~Fox "Sleepless in Matawan" Mackenzie

:: Fox 3/25/2002 09:29:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?