:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Friday, March 08, 2002 ::
The symphony was lovely last night, and I had a wonderful time.
I got into the city at about 5. I took the subway from penn station to 50th street, because the next stop was 75th street, and I only wanted to go to 60th. Then I took another, but still ended up at 75th street. So then I took a third and finally ended up at 59th, which was considerably closer.
I found the starbucks in columbus circle relatively easy...you can hardly miss it. Zvi was on time, and after I finished my chai and fending off a telemarketer, we were off to dinner.
We went to the Fontana di Trevi on west 57th, which was a really classy place. We had a fried zucchini and mozz platter, a half-carafe of pinot grigo (my new fav!) and I had the penne vodka, which was excellent. We split tiramisu for dessert. I'd never had it. Avi told me it was made with cappuchino, which surprised me. I always thought it was made with rum or somesuch.
We went over to Carnegie after that, and the show was magnificent. We had second tier seats on the left side, with a full view of the strings. They really pack them in those boxes, but thankfully I'm used to sitting in small spaces without too much complaint. Zvi didn't look too comfortable, he's a bit more formidible than I, and he would have had to sit almost facing away the orchestra. He stood up for a good portion of the performance. The music was uplifting, and I found myself frequently closing my eyes to better appreciate it. I was torn between that and watching the violinists, which were amazing. The main focus was supposed to be the pianist, who I swore had five hands, from the way he was playing. I couldn't even *imagine* trying to do that.
The whole performance was just breathtaking, and I was so happy I got to go. I hope to go again sometime soon..
Jon's coming to visit around the 18th, which I'm very happy for! Hopefully he'll stay a day or two so I can haul him into the city.
'Ris and I are going into the city tomorrow. Yayyy. :)
~Fox "Time to hit St. Marks!" Mackenzie
:: Fox 3/08/2002 06:03:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|