:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Monday, March 04, 2002 ::

Pixie Sticks at 4am...The Tale of JohnCon...

Wow. What a freakin weekend. I had a great time!

I got to baltimore about six, met Rami there, and we caught up and exchanged random info about our respective lives. I hadn't seen him since before I moved in with my ex, more than a year ago. He (Rami) hasn't changed much, which I am glad for. :) He is my mentor and guidance, and it's very comforting to have that sort of stable ally in one's life. Even if he does look positively demonic in costume.

The first night of the con was rather sleepy and slow, without terribly large amounts of things transpiring. There was a video game room (24 hour playing on all sorts of systems, gamecubes' "Super smash bros" taking full precedence, with a monitor projector converting it to wall size. There was also an LAN linked tourny of things like starcraft in the back. Atari, n64 and supernes were also in attendence.) There was an anime room where there was non-stop animes playing, several til-the-wee-hours RPG tournys and a movie theatre showing things from "Tron" to "Interview with the Vampire" continuously. There was also a board game room, but I didn't spend much time there.

No one came to Rami's LARP, either night, so that sucked hardcore. He had put a lot of thought into it. He had fun nonetheless, anyway.

I had a stalker sorta, too. Some Mark guy. He kept coming onto me hardcore and choosing not to notice the difference between detached politeness and passionate come on. I told him Rami and I were together at one point to try and gently suggest that maybe I wasn't exactly the girl he should be chasing, and he later came onto me in *front* of Rami, walking clear across the room, unbidden, and pushing my hair over my shoulder and proceeding to try and rub my shoulders. I put a swift end to it. Earlier he had tried to coax me into a dark room with him. Nice enough boy, I suppose, but there are times when I wonder if my "no"s are lost in transit between my voice and their ears. Ah well...c'est la vie...

I made a few new friends, too, which really made my weekend. Strater and Jon, both completely awesome guys. I hung out with Jon the majority of sunday night, until like, 6 in the morning. Several runs around the campus and a few pixie sticks later, we crashed on a couch. Rami came and woke me up at 6 and we headed back to the hotel to catch an hour or so of sleep before my dad came to pick me up.

It was cool to see dad again, especially in a short venue like this...we didn't have much chance to argue, which is always pleasant. He seemed glad to see me, as I was to see him. I'll see him again in july, for my cousin katie's wedding. Still no idea who the heck I'm going to take. When I first got the invite, I assumed it would be Dave #1, since we were going out at the time, and he made it through mom's wedding without a hitch. But, obviously, that's a no go. Any boys out there that look dashing in a tux? ;)

That's all, for now. My mind is delerious...I desperately need sleep and I'm ignoring my body's insistence so I can talk to Jon and listen to my new Queen of the Damned soundtrack. Yayyyyy.

"Peeps have more grams of carbs in them then they have *grams*."
~Courtesy of Game Central Guys, Johncon 2002~

~Fox "Why the fuck am I still awake.." Mackenzie





:: Fox 3/04/2002 12:33:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?