:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Sunday, March 24, 2002 ::
I'm confident I've found Puck.
Jon and I connect on levels I wasn't aware existed, and I am so constantly elated I feel like my heart is going to surge right out of me.
He's just wonderful for me. He feeds Pax (the name now given to the oldest baby) and he's gentle with him, so I know he respects the pets I love, no matter how noisy or messy they may be. Pax took his first flight off of Jon's hand, and seemed to really prefer him to anyone else over the course of his visit.
He does these voices, and it seems so silly, but it's just the sweetest thing. He can sound exactly like Wesley from the Princess Bride, or Sean Connery, or (my fav) a russian. We just have so much fun, and we talk about so much. We have the same general grasp of humor, which I'm eternally thankful for, and he always has some interesting fact to add to the conversation. I've learned so much from him.
Hours slide by and neither of us really acknowledge or notice them, because we're steeped in conversation about one thing or another. Sleeping beside him is also intensely reassuring. It's so nice to open my eyes in the odd and late hours and know there's someone there.
It was the hardest thing I've known to let him go this morning. Letting go of such a strong and obviously destined presence, even if only for a short few weeks..it wounds the soul a bit. But I have to learn to deal with this sort of thing...I'm an adult now, and I want an adult relationship. I have to conduct myself that way, even if it does mean trying to ignore a wrenching pang that separation brings.
It will all be worth it a million times over when we can be together again.
Je suis dans l'amour.
~Fox "What else can be said?" Mackenzie
:: Fox 3/24/2002 02:44:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|