:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Sunday, February 03, 2002 ::

Well, yesterday went kinda mixed.

First off, I woke up at 6, because, as my dedicated readers will remember, Rog's father was coming by here at 6:30 to pick me up and take me back to his house to watch Katie til one. I'm ready to go at 6:30, waiting downstairs...he doesn't show up until 7:15, and he's *WITH KATIE*. He drops her off on the front steps, hands me a bag of snow clothes (NO toys), and goes off. I was speechless. I probably would have said something if I wasn't so stunned.

So here I am with this toddler, with no means to entertain her other than cartoons, in a house full of *many* breakable and irreplacable knick knacks, unfed as far as breakfast went (so she said, but she never did eat the pancakes I made, so I don't know) with the house still asleep.

Okay, so I can deal. I had just hoped she wouldn't be *too* underfoot while Glen and Janet were prepping for the fantasy football/D&D party. Turns out, she was fairly well behaved from 7 to 1, if a little energetic and insistent about eating the cake frosting. Rog came at one. Then she started getting ancy and acting up. We had to resort to various methods of disciplining her, including time out, isolation, and eventually spankings. She just got worse as the day went on, and on, and on...

Yep, you guessed it, he was late. Very late.

Six o clock late.

He protested his innocence when he *finally* showed up, saying he never said one, but I know damn well he did. I NEVER would have agreed to sit that long, especially for free and in someone else's house for 11 HOURS. The party started at 2, and we had to keep her AND 13 other guests occupied. It really, really sucked. Thank goodness Janet had some stuff int he basement (she wants to do some child teaching eventually) those handpuppets, crayons and videos sure saved the day.

The D&D game ran til 1 am this time...6 to 1...seven hours worth of roleplaying! It was nuts. Totally fun though..everyone was "on" and the roleplaying, as well as the rollplaying, went great. The culmination was when Janet managed to roll three ones...using 20-sided die, mind you, in a row. It's what's called a triple fumble. When you roll a one, it means your character messes up whatever action they were trying to do, and usually ends up hurting someone or something, usually themselves. But this was in the midst of battle, and this was a triple fumble. Glen, in his infinate DM wisdom, decreed that janet's character had just sliced off the sword arm...at the shoulder....of Rog's character. The whole living room...and we're talking 14 people...busted up laughing. It was so worth staying up til one, if only to see that.

Church was the next morning, so we all retired very wearily to bed.

Up next...sunday with the cabbages...also known as "The happy little heathen goes to church"....

~Fox "I'm having my tubes tied" Mackenzie




:: Fox 2/03/2002 10:11:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?