:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Thursday, February 14, 2002 ::

Valentines Day is proving, as always, to be an exercise in self-realization.

I made a little "valentine wanted" sign and put it on my table at starbucks, where I sat with my novel for an hour and read a few tarot cards on myself. The only interest I raised was with two airheaded girls my own age. I read one. She seemed pleased. Charlie, who works at starbucks and knows me from my Luigi's days, laughed at my sign.

I ran into Carmella (my old co-worker) outside. Decided to pop in next door and surprise everyone, including my old asshole boss George, who had fired me about two months ago. I thought everyone would be glad to see me, but they were mildly surprised at best. I didn't get any warm welcomes. At least I faced my fears and returned. That's important. Boston numbed my hatred of the place a bit.

Well, 11:17 and still no valentine. Not that I expected anything else. Currently I'm arguing with a real ass. He sounded like a nice guy until I broached my anti drug policy. Why is it that idiotic stoners feel the need to argue with me? All I ever get is friggin quotes on thc levels and how it's "not addictive". Cut me a break, people. My stance on things isn't harming anyone. Why go to such great lengths to change it? Do I tell you doing drugs is bad? No. I just choose not to be associated with people who do them. I'm not rude about it, I just thank people for their time, apologize for disturbing them, and be on my way. And somehow *I'm* the one that's wrong for standing by my opinons, albiet in nonconfrontational manner.

In ANY case, a summary:

*I'm single.
*I have no Valentine.
*I faced my fears and visited my old work.
*Aden's taking me out soon, he promised.
*I made a new friend (Tim) today.
*Always keep a half bottle of mead around for depressional emergencies.
*I still can't stand drug users.
*Life is tolerable, if not always cooperative.

~Fox "Wish I had a valentine" Mackenzie

:: Fox 2/14/2002 11:21:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?