:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Friday, February 01, 2002 ::

Okay...now for the update.

I am at glen and janet's, and have been here since wednesday night. I couldn't be happier!

I got to cook dinner last night, and it came out great cause Janet helped me with the sauce...(I forgot to add sugar to the tomato sauce, which is really important to the taste, I found out..) And I got to spend the evening hanging out in the living room while everyone read books. Janet's reading Captain Corelli's Mandolin, Glen's reading lord of the rings, and I'm halfway through my cat fantastic anthology. It was sooo cool. It was like the literacy was tangible.

Glen and I got to demolish part of his basement and attack some spiders and stuff with wd-40 and whatever random propellent happened to be around. It was awesome! We were singin showtunes while we busted up some paneling. Janet made these really good little cookies, too. Peanut butter chocolate yummies. Yay!

Not much luck in the job/apartment search, though. It's rough, especially with all the snow out there. It's hard to get around without a car. I'm hoping to get over to Barnes and Nobles today. I'm not sure exactly where it is, but I'm sure I can find it.

I miss mom a lot, but it's not as heart-wrenching as when I moved to north jersey. Maybe I'm growing up a little? Who knows. I do miss her though..it's just tolerable. Life's gonna be rough without my mom close to me.

Rog has been working hard and hasn't been able to visit the last two nights because he's been tired. Poor dear...I couldn't imagine welding stuff all day. I just worry he's going to get hurt on a piece of sharp metal or something. He already has scratches. His father apparently coralled him into asking me to babysit saturday. So I'm stuck with Katie for six hours instead of here helping glen and janet set up for the superbowl/d&d party. I like katie and all, but what was his dad gonna do if I'd have gone home? Rog would have had to miss half the game, cause his dad never comes home on time. Glen and Janet agree with me. Ugh. So, there goes my saturday. Don't get me wrong, I love Katie...but we had told his father several days beforehand that we had plans for saturday and couldn't babysit. Rather than change *his* plans, he badgered rog into taking responsibility. It's the principle of the thing.

Ah well.

C'est la vie.

~Fox "Unemployed" Mackenzie



:: Fox 2/01/2002 12:09:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?