:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Monday, February 04, 2002 ::
Morning rolled around. I was the first one up.
I made myself presentable, and after breakfast, we headed to brookville baptist. Everything was fairly uneventful during the service, except a few odd looks when I politely declined the communion wafers and didn't read the covenent aloud. Everyone was very nice, but I got so worked up and paranoid that people were looking at me when I refused the communion that I got kinda teary eyed.
Don's wife, Helena...well, I mean, she's a nice lady. I called her the ice queen for a little while cause she was real cold to me at our first meeting. She surprised me by touching my shoulder from the pew behind us and said she'd be happy to talk with me at the party if something was wrong. I smiled and said I was okay, and thanks, but I wondered what kinda corner I'd backed myself into.
So the party began, and everyone there was mostly Glen and Janet's friends from church...it was nice. :) Don and Helena's kids were there..one of whom was a Rams fan, so that made it a little odd..but we had a good time. Janet made some awesome dip. I found out Helena not only believes her faith...she excludes all others from even distant realms of possibility. She couldn't *believe* I had the audacity or mindset not to be greatful christ died for me. (She didn't say this, but lemme tell ya, she might as well have). As usual in such exchanges, she brought me a bible, complete with a signature on the dedication page and a bookmark at the "good parts". I don't think anyone here thinks someone can be happy with their own faiths. It's swiftly losing it's quirky charm, lemme tell ya. Anyway, I can still grin and bear it, so I am.
Also at the party, Rog's tooth started killing him hardcore, so I called up my mom and asked what I should do.
I ended up calling my mom (she's great for any kind of solutions..I call her my "lifeline for life") and I ended up strpping on rubber gloves, crushing up cloves and adding a little oil, and putting the whole mixture inside of the huge cavity in rog's tooth with a toothpick. Now if THAT'S not dedication, I don't know what is. (For you confused readers out there, temporary fillings' main ingredient is clove oil, and my mom is a dental hygenist, sorta. That's how I knew what to do.)
Everything went good for the rest of the night, and rog got all four of his wisdom teeth yanked the next day. He wasn't happy about it.
Matt and Rog came over monday night and polished swords with sandpaper and turtle wax with glen in the basement. We all discussed possibilities of station in our ren-faire group for when King Richard's rolls around this year. No definate decisions yet.
Tuesday Janet and I hit the mall and I picked up a new suit for my pending interview(s), as well as a new black cashmere sweater(cheap) and a black lace poet's shirt (not cheap) and two new pairs of shoes (very cheap). We had ice cream and a good time. She's neato :)
I'm learning Excel, courtesy of some of Glen's old books, and getting my resume together, courtesy of Glen's old resume for a template. Everything is running like a well-rusted machine.
Vince IMd me today. I miss him somethin powerful. I hadn't realized how much support he brought to my life until we drifted apart some time ago. I miss my Alpha..I hope we can get back to the level of communication we once had.
I also miss Jow. I shall have to write him sometime soon. I wonder how he's taking my absence.
Tomorrow (thursday) it looks like Me, Janet, Glen, Rog, Matt and Matt's little bro are going to see the count of Monte Cristo. Should be fun. And then Friday night we're all going out dancing with a few other people. Should be great! I'll keep everyone posted.
~Fox "Good god I forgot I don't know how to dance" Mackenzie
:: Fox 2/04/2002 10:37:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
|