:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 ::

I'M A MOMMY! (sort of)

Woke up this morning, and mom told me that one of the millions of eggs Spike and Sweetie (Our resident cockatiel-birdie couple) were laying over the years were actually fertile!! A fluff of a baby chick was brought scrawling into this world around three in the morning last night. He's a tiny yellow puffball and I already love him. Or her. It. I love it.

AND there's another little baby with a hole in it's egg. I was worried it was stillborn, because there was just the little tiny hole above the beak and the rest of the egg was intact, but we saw it move around and mom and I think that it'll be born fully tomorrow night maybe. I mentioned that the chick already born is probably pied (a.k.a yellow where a normal cockatiel would be grey) because the last clutch S&S had contained two pieds out of four chicks. We're wondering what the egg-chick will look like.

So anyway, I'm excited because mom promised me this one. Sooo..in a few weeks I will take over hand-feeding it and it will bond with me and love me! Yay! A new familiar. I miss Cece and Kavik (My old cat and dog) Because they helped me immensely with various rituals and spell-casts. They sit beside me when I meditate and help my focus. So now the little one will help me, in time. I'll be naming after something mythological, obviously. Any ideas, please email me!

That's about it, for now. No call on the job yet. I'll keep ya posted.

~Fox "I'm a mother!" Mackenzie
:: Fox 2/20/2002 03:30:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?