|
|
:: Friday, January 18, 2002 ::
What a freakin night.
Okay, Yesterday I went to Crystal Dreams (The local new-age shop), looking for Sue (The owner and a friend) to see if she could give me a job or a tarot reading. Turns out, she wasn't there, but Brian, her new counterperson, was. He was reasonably good looking, but..I'm not really looking, you know? He was 30, and really cool. We talked about all sorts of shit. I mentioned improv jam, and he said it'd be a great thing to do. So I'm all psyched because we were supposed to hang out today on his lunch break (He's also the bartender at the lone star), but he never called, and I don't have his number.
While we were talking, I sort of offhandedly asked if he lives alone. He offhandedly said he did, along with five dogs. Now, wouldn't you think the phrase "I've been married for several years and have two small children" would come up *somewhere* in the conversation?
Now, don't get me wrong, I wasn't interested in him like that. But, from our conversation, we could have gone either way. We had spoken friendly and light, no flirtation, but no suppression of possibility either. We were going to hang out as friends, just friends. At least that's what *I* thought.
Here's the first hand view of what's going on. I sent brian this email.
***Was wondering if you wanted to catch the improv show tonight, since I didn't hear from ya on your lunch break.
It's a big night for the improv guys cause the paper's coming to do a story on them, and they need lots of people there. I think you'd like it :)
The show's in Red Bank, and it starts around 11:30 and runs til about 1.
Let me know, okay? My cell phone number is ************...
~Fox***
And then I got THIS back.
***Hey Fox just wanted you to know that you just asked out a married man. Hope you were aware of that and now of course he will get shit for it. Dont ever email my husband again, Do i make myself clear?
Brian's wife. ***
So I sent a reassuring letter and let her know I had no designs on her husband, and we were just friends. She sent this back.
***Hey fox well thank you for setting it straight. You never now now a days. I did not mean to sound like a bitch. You dont need to now my life story but brian had a affair 4 years ago and of course i am going to jump to conclusions so i hope no hard feelings. As for the show we have 2 sm. children which prevents me from going out. Thanx again
My name is ****** by the way *** ( I starred out her name for privacy)
Interesting, isn't it? ESPECIALLY given that Brian's profile reads "Single and loving life" and HER profile reads "Separated". Now, I highly doubt that they'd forget to change their marital status after four years.
Add that to the fact that his wife is hacking into his account and reading his email. Kinda odd, don't you think? Especially since she later sent this letter....
***Also do me a favor and keep this thing with me getting hot under the collar between you and i ok. Brian would be realy upset if he found out i emailed you that nasty cold message. Thanx again***
Hmmm. The plot sickens.
In other news, Daddy's boys found a puppy in the woods behind the station. (For those of you who aren't aware, my dad's the senior chief...aka guy in charge...of the coast guard station in New Orleans). It's a little chow, and it's sooooooo friggin cute. Daddy says it has puppy breath.Click here...Awwwww!
I also had a job interview today...mom took me and I walked out without even filling the applications first page out. It was like, 6 pages, had a math section, was printed in the 1960's on what appears to be on smeared fax paper, and the second question was "how much do you weigh". Add that to the philosophy question, and "do you know how to organize a pegboard system daysheet?"...and you had one less applicant. Plus the job was in Union Beach...which is far away and....ugh.
That's all for now...except that I'm going to visit Rog on wednesday, to Boston I go! More on that later.
~Fox "The Homewrecker" Mackenzie
:: Fox 1/18/2002 10:03:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|