:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 ::

Well, all kinds of shit went down tonight.

Mom came home from work, I guess already stressed about her day..and watered her plants, and broke out in hives (for those of you not following the story, this is because my grandmother's cats rub up against them all day...mom's asked my grandmother to keep the cats in her room, which is only a matter of closing the door when she leaves, but my grandmother won't, and says she's moving out because mom asked her to.)

Mom complained to Joe, and started in on a crying bit, and cried on the bed, upstairs. Joe came down and ate supper, and proceeded to bitch about my mom with my grandmother (his mom, for those of you who don't know) and generally take my grandmother's side of things, where he never had before.

I went up to comfort mom, and was up there calming her down a little, and then Joe comes in, and tells me to get out because he has to talk to mom. Well, I leave, and no sooner get downstairs then I hear mom explode in that squeaky-really-upset voice of hers, and come storming downstairs, and tells me to take a ride with her.

Well, she was shaking uncontrollably and cursing and screaming how dare he and hyperventilating, so I figured it was a good idea I went with. She could barely drive, so I told her to pull into buttonwood manor parking lot to talk a little about things, and we did, for about two hours. Finally, it came out that Joe had said his mother was moving out next weekend, and so would I. If she went, so did I.

Kind of asshole of him, huh? And so, over matzo ball soul and quesidillas at the diner, mom goes on to tell me that he's been saying that when they refinance the house, which is fairly soon, they should refinance for 8k more then what they owe, and give it to me (the money mom took from me in bonds to make the downpayment on this house) and kick me out on my ass. Evidently, my upstanding stepfather is anything but.

I have so many spells at my disposal, and I'm itching to use each and every one on the two-faced idiot...but I refrain, for the sake of my karma, my mother, and my homestead.

I'm talking with Rog now, and it feels right. I really do miss the lug. I'm going to see him, and soon.

Boston, here I come.


:: Fox 1/16/2002 09:33:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?