:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 ::

Ooh, I still got it.

Went into town (quincy square) to pick up a few things today, and I am *not* kidding when I say two people tried to pick me up. Crazy!

I was just minding my own business when this guy in headphones passes me, going the other way, and then starts to walk backwards beside me so he could say hi! He was making mundane smalltalk about the weather, but he was grinning like an idiot the whole time. I smiled politely (he was a nice guy, not nuts or anything) and said it was a nice day. He asked for my name, and then my number! I told him I was living with someone right now (Which isn't a *total* lie, I am living in a house with someone...) and I didn't think it'd be prudent. He smiled and said oh well, and walked across the street, still staring back at me..he almost got hit by a damn car!

So I'm walking around the corner right after that happens, and *bam*...here comes another guy, who walked past me, stopped, and did a double take behind him before walking over to my side and trying the same routine the last guy did. So I said again, yes, it was a nice day, and polietly bid him a goodbye, explaining that I was applying to a job, which (thankfully) was across the street that very same moment. So I get across the street after waiting several minutes, and there he is! He held the door for me, and asked if he could buy me a cup of coffee. Sweet, in a way. Never been offered coffee before. It's storybook cliche, but sweet. His name was Eric. I gave him the same excuse as the last guy.

What is it, man? I'm thinking it's the hair. Even I love my hair. It's like fire when the sun hits it. But still...several guys were hanging out car windows on the way home, whistling at me. I was wearing a long-sleeved, high-cut black sweater, black jeans and boots, and a black leather trenchcoat. No makeup, nothing revealing. I know it sounds really stupid of me to wonder, but am I really that pretty? I never really got this attention back home. I mean, I sort of did, but not so many times in a day. It's kinda, well...flattering.

Well, I got laundry to finish and a pie in the oven (literally), so I gotta run. More updates later.

~Fox "Heartbreaker" Mackenzie


:: Fox 1/29/2002 03:12:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?