:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 ::

Aden didn't visit last night.

His dad's car got stranded somewhere and he had to go be a hero and save him. Isn't that sweet? :) It's nice to see a guy who cares about his parents.

We're trying to reschedule for today, but the plows haven't visited his street yet, so he probably won't be able to visit until, like, 7. That's cool though. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. :)

I'm growing very fond of him, despite my best efforts to "keep it cool". He remembers a lot of innate things from our conversations and later incorporates them. Little things that no guy in their right mind remembers offhand...it's really sweet because I know he's actually listening to my innane ramblings at 3 in the morning. I really think I've gotten lucky in meeting him..he's definately not the average guy.

I just hope the chemistry's there. I don't see any logical reason why it shouldn't be, but I hate waiting to find out. And distance is again a problem...after those nightmarish arguments with Dave #2 about "not putting miles on his car for me" I've kind of developed a complex about commuter boyfriend material.

Things are kinda turbulent in the house right now...doesn't have anything to do with me, but it's still kind of stressful, you know? Judy's cats are everywhere in the damn house...they keep going into the laundry room and sleeping on clean clothes...we can't always bring all of them up at once, and they manage to sneak in in the interim and fur-up everything. Also, they've been thowing up all over mom's nice new white sofa and rugs and everything else.

So, anyway, mom finally broke down about it...she's been taking it quietly, in her defense...and she complained tearfully to joe that she's sick of getting hives and cat puke all over her things and having to lock the laundry room door all the time. All she wants is for Judy to keep the cats in her room...a relatively simple process because their food dishes and litterboxes are in there *anyway*, and it only requires closing two doors in the morning..and I guess Judy decided it would be better to move out then to do that.

She's been calling retirement communities all day, asking if they accept cats and all. ::sighs:: I don't know. It isn't good because she pays the majority of the bills in the house. Mom's livid, Judy's livid, and poor Joe's caught in the middle. Me, I stick to my own. I don't voice any opinons, I stay out of the way, and it would take a trained eye to guess that I actually live here. I stay in my room as much as I can, I don't use the kitchen, and the only things I come downstairs for are the comp and laundry.

I'm hoping things settle down soon..mom and I are under enough stress without this shit going on, too. I'm gonna finish up cleaning my room today and maybe get my nails done. Should be fun.

Much love to all, and wish me luck on my date tonight!




:: Fox 1/08/2002 02:07:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?